Sadhaka
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden tasks

Go down

Garden tasks Empty Garden tasks

Post by Admin Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm

I have not been able to contact Crossroads Community Church, who provides the garden plots, so I visited them today in person. They said that they did not plan on starting the garden until May, that they did not even start planning for it yet, and that they only have 3 elderly volunteers so they do not know when it will be.

We were hoping to start our cold-season vegetables shortly, but apparently that will not happen as planned. Our group is not all young folks either, but since there are 16 of us, I asked them to contact us if there is anything that we can do to help. The more people there are, the less each person would have to do, so if you can help with site preparation, it would be appreciated. I will let you know when I learn more.

To seed-starters, we may have to delay our planting, so I will contact you individually.
Admin
Admin
Admin

投稿数 : 26

https://sadhaka.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Garden tasks Empty Work starting this Sunday (3/27) @ 11:30am

Post by Admin Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Gardeners,
I met with Pastor John today, who is the person running the gardens. He wasn't planning on tilling until May, but if we could help out with the preparation, we would be able to start sooner. He would like to start by clearing dried out plants from last year. Is anyone available to help this Sunday? Please bring gloves and a rake if you have one.

One other thing... He does not want anyone working on the gardens when the church is in session on Sundays, which means we can only work on Sundays from 11:30am. Hope this does not cause a problem for anyone. Please let me know at anamika@yoga-michigan.com if you can make it this Sunday for a couple of hours. Thanks much.

M
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Garden tasks Empty Work Day 4/3

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

We had a nice workday today, even though the temperatures were in the 30s and there was a little snow on the ground. Mike and Mits operated the tiller like pros, and our garden is now ready to be planted. I am hoping that we can start planting within the next couple of weeks.

Since we are helping Pastor John with his gardens, he has offered us an extra plot, which means we will be able to plant a few additional items. The next popular ones on our list are snap peas, beets, shiso, and arugula.

I will probably be repeating this many times at the garden, both to remind you and myself: WATCH WHERE YOU STEP! You can kill seeds and plants by stepping on them or by compacting the soil. I think I will put out signs as a reminder. If you bring kids to the garden, please supervise them carefully.

Thank you all who came on this cold day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Garden tasks Empty Group Meet Days

Post by Gardener Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Our group meet days are as follows:

Tuesdays at 10:00AM
Fridays at 10:00AM
Sundays at 11:30AM

You may do work in the garden on your own during times other than these.

Gardener

Back to top Go down

Garden tasks Empty Re: Garden tasks

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down